Reduce the cost of insurance
Wind Mitigation Inspections are a valuable inspection service that may reduce your windstorm insurance premium. Insurance discounts are available for building features that reduce damage during high wind events.
The discounts are justified because stronger, more wind-resistive structures have lower windstorm losses, which mean reduced costs to insurance companies. We have found that most existing structures have at least one or more wind resistive construction features and may qualify for insurance discounts.
Which building features are eligible to qualify for discounts?
Buildings with one or more of these wind resistive construction features will qualify for discounts:
1. Newly Constructed Home built to the Florida Building Code since March 1, 2002
2. Roof coverings, such as shingles that meet the FBC Requirements
3. Roof decks that have been installed with 8d nails
4. Hurricane clips/straps that hold the roof structure to the walls
5. Roof with a hip roof shape
6. Roof decks with a peel and stick Secondary Water Resistance
7. Protection of Openings such as windows and glass doors with impact resistant glazing or other protection systems
Why choose FPAT?
We will make every possible effort to locate and document all wind mitigation features so that the insured will receive the maximum available discounts. All Wind Mitigation reports include a report for the association insurance policy as well as a report that can be utilized by all unit owners. This value is unmatched in the industry! Wind Mitigation reports include color photographs and detailed descriptions of each wind mitigation feature. The FPAT Wind Mitigation report is the most detailed report in the industry!